Saturday, February 28, 2015

The Story Behind Most Intricate Zentangle for Me Video

February 19, 2013 I posted this video. It's hard to believe that two years has passed since this drawing. I drew this sitting at my dining room table. I knew I wanted to do something intricate and time consuming. This took a total of 4 hours and 9 seconds. Now 4 hours is pretty average for a drawing, even for ones smaller than this 8 1/2 x 11.

It started off as intended but I quickly realized how long it was really going to take and started making larger doodles. The tree and bubbles were a way of filling space. Although I love the way they look in the drawing, I will always know that it was just a way to fill space because it was taking too long to complete.

I also made a pretty major mistake in the bottom portion of the drawing where the spider web looking design is. I came very close to tossing the whole drawing because of the mistake, but decided I invested too much time to toss it out. So I had to figure out a way of covering it. This section of the drawing always felt out of place.

In all honesty, I thought drawing something more intricate like this would help me gain subscribers. I still hadn't reached even 300 subscribers yet. I am not sure if it helped or not. To date, this drawing has 98,000 views. This is one of my most viewed videos.

I do like this drawing quite a bit. I love the tree, as I do have an obsession with trees. I just wish I had done some shading with this one. I really wanted to shade it but was terrified of ruining the drawing with shading. This was not the first time I had run into this fear and I realized I needed to practice shading so I wouldn't face this confliction again.

I hope you'll enjoy the video:

No comments:

Post a Comment